ASSISTANT QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Hutchinsons is a Bedfordshire based construction company with projects ranging from £50k to £1m. We are currently looking to recruit a keen and enthusiastic Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is looking to progress as our company grows. You will report in the first instance to our Company Directors and secondly to our senior building surveyor.
- Ensure the requirements of the Commercialprocedures are implemented and checked on a regular basis.
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration including record keeping.
- Identify and realise opportunities to maximise cost/value management.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate and timely monthly valuation reports.
- Assist with the procurement and management of subcontract packages.
- Assist with the internal valuations/VCR/End Life forecasts.
- Evaluate risks and review project risk register.
- Measurement of the works.
- Individuals with experience within the Education, Retail, Hotel & Leisure, Commercial and Industrial sectors will be at an advantage.
- Commercially Astute.
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the appropriate SMM.
- Able to work as an integral part of the team.
- Must have the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- IT Literate.
- Good written communication skills.
- Proactive, self-motivated and conscientious.
Salary would be negotiable depending on experience and track record.
Hutchinsons is an equality and diversity employer.
In the first instance please send CV by email to email@example.com
Please also, in no more than 300 words, tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in 5 years time.
We are currently seeking sub contractors with a proven background in the following trades for contracts in Bedfordshire and London.
- Ground Worker
Must have CSCS Cards and UTR number. Contact in the first instance by email: firstname.lastname@example.org